Prepare Yourself For Nature And The Outdoors
Camping outside in the woods or forest with your family, friends, and loved ones can be a very enjoyable experience. Whether sitting around the campfire and telling stories or bird watching and exploring nature, being outdoors can leave you with unforgettable memories. Now what memories you will leave with depends on how well you are prepared. If a camper is not knowledgeable about his surroundings, nature can give some pretty nasty surprises. Below are some advice and tips that will help you avoid certain situations that can damper your trip.
Bugs go away.
Bugs are always a very annoying problem for a lot of campers. These critters keep flying around your food, and buzzing in your ears. Also let’s not forget about more serious problems from some insects, like mosquitoes, which love to bite and give you itchy bumps. Then there are lice and ticks which can pass on diseases. Here are some tips to help keep the bugs away.
- Try not to use fragrant lotions or products. Sweet smells attract insects.
- Try to stay cool. Bugs are attracted to sweat.
- Bring bug repellant/ Sunscreen. Just don’t use too much,
- Avoid eating bananas – this fruit secretes an odor through your pours which attracts mosquitoes.
- Use coconut oil – this repels mosquitoes
Beware of Ticks
Ticks can be a problem due to the fact they can spread diseases. Ways to prevent yourself from exposure to ticks is to avoid grassy areas, wear a hat, and do not wear shorts when you are on a trail. You should check for ticks and if detected remove it as early as possible. If you find a tick attached to your skin, use tweezers close to your skin as possible and pull off the tick, but do not squeeze its body. You should have the doctor check the bite as soon as possible. Ticks can spread diseases such as Lyme disease and ehrlichiosis to humans, which is fatal if not treated.
Here is some useful advice that is good to know on every camping or outdoor trip or vacation:
- Bring and keep a picture of the travelers with you, in case anyone gets lost.
- When hiking remember to bring some water, food, a flashlight, and bandages.
- Never hike by yourself.
- 80% of your body heat is lost through your head, so to keep warm, wear a hat.
The advices I gave in this article I consider very important in helping to keep your outdoors experience an enjoyable one. http://www.forexmarket.site/listing-sports-and-outdoors-2.html
Anzeigen in Europa
Wir sind an vorderster Front, wenn Handel und Wirtschaft wieder Fahrt aufnehmen, nachdem wir dieRead More
Hiking Adventures: Perfect for Family Trips or Romantic Getaways
Are you interested in taking a trip? Whether you are looking to take a traditionalRead More